So many bloggers and writers struggle alone. They rely on the overabundance of online information, purchase online home-study courses they never take, or try to navigate the path to success in the dark–without the tools they need–hoping the steps they take will lead them to the light.
How do I know this? First, I’ve been at fault of doing these very same things in the past. Second, I hear both writers and bloggers relate similar stories to me.
The solution to the problem is a simple one: Hire a coach.
I’ve done hired a coach in the past when I needed support on or education in a specific area of my blogging or writing business. I’ve also used coaches in my personal life. The one-on-one time with an objective expert always proved well-worth the cost. Coaching helped me progress faster and farther in much less time than I might have even in a live class situation.
My clients tell me their experience of coaching is similar. Their time with me, or with other coaches, helps them shed light on their path and move along it with speed, purpose and confidence.
Keep in mind that there are many types of coaches. In this post I am writing about the types of situations that would indicate bloggers and writers might find coaching useful. As a blogger or author, the types of coaching to consider might include: author, book, business, online-marketing, platform-building, life, results, and blog (or blog-to-book) coaching.
But how do you know if you need a coach? Below are 15 indications you would benefit from coaching.
- You feel stuck. Nothing you do seems to work, and you are not making progress.
- You feel frustrated and overwhelmed on a daily (or regular) basis.
- You are unsure what decisions or actions to take. You wish someone would take you by the hand and show you what to do and how to do it.
- You aren’t sure if your book or blog ideas are viable, and you’d like confirmation and support as you plan content.
- You don’t know what to write or blog about. You know your interests or passions but not how to turn them into successful content.
- You want to create a career as an author, but your income and readership has plateaued, you can’t land a traditional publishing deal (or an agent), your platform isn’t growing, or your self-published books don’t sell well.
- You want to create a career as a blogger, but your income and subscription rate has plateaued, your platform isn’t growing, your blog isn’t rising in the search engine results pages, or your readers aren’t engaging with you content.
- You want to build a business around your blog, but you aren’t sure where to start. You struggle to determine which opportunities will serve you best.
- You know in your heart you can succeed as an author or blogger, yet you keep failing or just not progressing.
- You fear limiting beliefs or self-defeating habits are holding you back from fulfilling your potential and succeeding at your endeavors.
- You are tired of working alone and want a different perspective and an outside opinion on your ideas, blog, and business.
- You want to feel you have someone on your team.
- You are tired of moving slowly and want to fast track your progress.
- You don’t get your work done—posts and manuscripts remain unwritten. You need an accountability partner.
- You are ready to invest in yourself and your work to get the results you desire.
I could list more situations in which hiring a coach is appropriate. You might also be ale to add a few below in a comment. But if any of the items on this list speak to you—or describe you, consider hiring a coach this year to help you make it your best year ever.
If you would like to learn how to write (or blog) a bestselling book and create a career as a bestselling author, click here to watch my series of 4-free videos on this topic. And enter your name in the form below to ensure you get notified when the next video becomes available and when I release details about my new Six Months to Your Bestselling Author Career premier coaching program.