Would you like to improve your blogging skills? If so, it’s time to start reading blogs written by blogging experts. Beth Bauer (@JourneyofBethB), freelance writer, travel blogger, yoga instructor, and entrepreneur, has compiled her list of the top 10 blogs for those bloggers who want to become better bloggers. Check them out, and decide which ones will help you most at your point in the blogging journey.
The act of writing a blog post is easy—especially if you are a writer. But blogging consistently, well, or as a professional blogger can feel tough. In fact, blogging is a challenging career, but there is a way to make it easier and become a better blogger.
I consider blogging a lot like life. If you’re going through the motions without direction, purpose, or guidance, you’ll find it hard to succeed. Fortunately, just like in life, you’re not in it alone. There are many people ready to help you—if you know who to ask for that help.
If you want to be a better blogger and increase your level of success, it’s time to start reading blogs about blogging. Doing so gives you access to the top experts in this subject area.
Start Reading Blogs About Blogging
Not sure which blogs to read? Here are 10 must-read blogs to help you be a better blogger.
- Beabetterblogger.com: Kevin Duncan began his blog in 2014, intending to help bloggers become better at their craft. Kevin has been blogging since 2005, and his common-sense approach is both appealing and helpful.
- Smartblogger.com: Jon Morrow is a quadriplegic. Using speech recognition technology, he’s written posts read by over 5 million people! He’s also built several online magazines that have made him a millionaire. He knows what he’s doing, and fortunately for us, he’s willing to share his knowledge.
- Mostlyblogging.com: Janice Wald is an online entrepreneur best known for her helpful posts about how to become a successful blogger. She has written several e-books on the subject, including All the Instagram Tips and Tricks You Need to Know.
- NeilPatel.com: Neil Patel is the co-founder of NP Digital. The Wall Street Journal calls him a top influencer, and Forbes says he is one of the top 10 marketers of our time. Neil is also a New York Times bestselling author and was recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama. Neil Patel’s focus is on helping you get more traffic to your website. That doesn’t always correlate with being a better blogger, but it can certainly help you be a more successful blogger. Check out his long list of free guides on everything from Google AdWords to Affiliate Marketing.
- Problogger.com: Problogger, which was founded by Darren Rowse, is one of the original and best websites offering information on how to be a better blogger as well as a professional blogger. Since 2004, this site has been the destination for bloggers wanting to start and grow their blogs into income-producing ventures. If you wish to make money blogging, check out the site’s 8,000 plus posts with blogging advice, tips, and tricks.
- Blogginaid.com: Featured in popular websites like Basic Blog Tips, Successful Blogging, and Ninja Outreach, this site offers an online resource to help you learn how to get more traffic to your site. If you are looking for better tools to help you blog effectively, this is the blog to read.
- Digitalmarketer.com: Digital Marketer is not just for bloggers. However, it’s the perfect resource for beginner-to-advanced digital marketers looking to learn new skills or improve existing ones. If you have a website, social media presence, or blog, their Ultimate Guide to Digital Marketing is full of insights and strategies for anyone else looking to hone their current skills in digital marketing. And remember, bloggers tend to be digital marketers. And you will have to market your book online. This blog can help you determine the best way to do so.
- Blogging.org: Zac Johnson is a renowned blogger that generates thousands of dollars per month from the comfort of his home. He’s developed a guide and has many blog posts that teach you precisely what it takes to start a blog. He also walks you through the process of how to make some money from your efforts.
- cAhrefs.com: The Ahrefs blog is currently one of the best SEO blogs. As a blogger, you need to up your SEO game, and Ahrefs can help you accomplish that goal. This site typically publishes lots of guides and case studies that’ll definitely help you improve your SEO skills.
- Amylynnandrews.com: Last but not least, reading Amy Lynn Andres’ blog about helping you become a successful blogger is well worth your time. She’s been online for more than a decade, but her content remains relevant, and she keeps up on the trends.? Her blog covers almost every topic related to successful blogging, such as blogging basics, creating content, SEO, making money, and much more.
Up Your Blogging Game
It’s not enough to start a blog and occasionally post your thoughts. The average person spends less than eight seconds on your website unless you have something that gets and keeps their attention. If you want to be successful, it’s time to get serious and up your blogging game. These 10 must-read blogs are sure to help you become a better blogger.
What blog do you find most useful for improving your blog and blogging skills? Tell me in a comment below, and if you found this post useful, please share it with other bloggers.
About the Author
Beth Bauer is a freelance writer, travel blogger, yoga instructor, and entrepreneur currently working on her third novel. She has traveled to over 20 countries in just the last two years and enjoys life as a digital nomad. She is originally from the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.A., and when she’s home lives on the Long Beach Peninsula with her dog, Ozzie.